4 cups water
1 vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Soak almonds and vanilla bean in enough water to cover overnight
- Discard soaking water and rinse almonds in a deep bowl of water, repeat until water is clear
- Place soaked almonds, vanilla bean and 4 cups of water in a blender or food processor
- Blend on highest speed for about 90 seconds or until completely smooth
- Strain milk through cheesecloth lined strainer, discarding solids
- Serve and enjoy, or bottle in a glass container and store in fridge up to 10 days. Shake well before serving (separation is normal as there are no chemicals added).
TIP: Save the almond pulp by drying it out on a cookie sheet (stir often) to use as almond flour for baking, or use as-is to sprinkle over soup/salad.