Dave and I hosted a party for the Twin Cities Maximized Living Club. We did a pot luck, a bring your own healing recipe party. This was quite a few weeks back now, but I still wanted to share one final summer recipe with you! We made this delicious Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and also a Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream using coconut milk (which was a flop, and tasted much like mojito). Everyone loved the light and fresh Vanilla Bean Ice Cream tho!
We found organic vanilla beans on sale at Byerly’s grocery store – $6 for two beans (you only use one in the recipe), but the price is SO worth it! Using a real vanilla bean adds such depth of flavor. I tasted the batter before and after adding the bean, and it was night and day difference. So if you’re thinking of skimping, I recommend NOT!
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
dairy free – gluten free – sugar free – delicious
Makes 1.5 Quarts
4 c organic full fat coconut milk
1 3/4 tsp pure liquid stevia (taste your batter and adjust if needed)
Pinch of sea salt
1 Tbsp organic pure vanilla extract
1 organic vanilla bean, slit lengthwise, and scraped
Stir all ingredients together and freeze in an electric or hand operated ice cream maker. We use an old fashioned crank ice cream maker we received as a wedding gift. I swear they make the best ice cream! :)
- Coconut Ice Cream: Leave out the vanilla bean and add 1-2 cups shredded coconut.
- Orange Sherbet: Omit vanilla and vanilla bean, add 1 Tbsp of orange oil and some fresh orange zest.
- Berry Blast: Omit vanilla bean, throw in 1 cup of organic mixed berries.
- Peanut Butter Swirl: Omit vanilla bean and stir in 3/4 cup melted peanut butter.
- Lemon Sherbet: Omit vanilla and vanilla bean, add 1 Tbsp lemon oil and some fresh lemon zest, throw in 1 cup fresh organic blueberries.
Advanced Plan desserts can be fun, flavorful and SWEET! You just have to experiment with fresh ingredients that you know your body can tolerate!
|That’s me, cranking away at the ice cream on our kitchen floor|