Dave is a Packers fan. He literally bleeds green and gold. So we’ll be hanging with friends and watching the Super Bowl this weekend. I, on the other hand, could care less about sports all around. It works perfectly because I can keep to the kitchen and make sure everyone is fed!
Here is my menu for this weekend’s Healing Cuisine football party:
- Some of my favorite veggie & cracker dips are included in Season’s Eatings e-book. I’ll be making the Double Green Dip, French Onion Dip, and Spinach-Artichoke Dip. Serve with a colorful array of fresh veggies and gluten-free, grain-free crackers. Yummm!
- What’s a football party without chili?! I think I’ll do my recipe for White Bean Chili this time. Whole Foods has organic bison dogs, so we’ll do a few of those, too, to serve with the chili. Maybe some raw white cheddar to sprinkle over top.
- The boys will probably want their usual gluten-free beer, but I’m really a fan of this Sparkling Punch that we made for Dave’s surprise graduation party this past summer. I’ll do a half batch of this punch, just for fun!
- For a side salad and a true hit always sure to please, I’ll do my Asian Almond Chicken Salad. If you haven’t tried it yet, you MUST! Make extra so you have some for lunch later in the week. :)
- And finally, a party isn’t complete without a sweet treat! I’ll do Strawberry Cream Pie, but instead of in a standard round pie shell, I’ll do it in an 8×8″ square pan. Line it with parchment paper first then continue with recipe. FREEZE the pie for at least 2 hours before serving, so it’s nice and firm when you remove it from the square pan. Cut into individual squares for easy serving. The boys can eat with their fingers!
And to me, this sounds like the perfect spread for Sunday’s Super Bowl game. Good luck to the Steelers and the Packers! I’ll be happily stuffing my face on Sunday in your honor! :)