by Elise Schwartz | December 8, 2011 12:21 PM
It’s time for Healing Cuisine’s 2011 Holiday Gift Guide! I’d like to share my top gift ideas, including new products I have discovered this year and quality staples that every foodie or natural lifestyle enthusiast will love. Be sure to refer back to 2010′s Holiday Gift Guide, too! This year’s list is a bit abbreviated compared to 2010′s, but that’s only because I listed evvverything I adore on last year’s list! 2011 introduces some fresh ideas and new companies I discovered this year.
Homemade Gifts Save time. Save money. Show you care.
- This year we are making homemade vanilla, bottling it up and sharing with loved ones. My personal directions to come when our first batch is finished, but you can start here.
- Create gourmet spice blends and package in individual jars or designed baggies. Check out About.com and BlogHer for some spicy inspiration. Attach a recipe to each jar that uses the unique spice blend.
- Give a container of homemade natural dish washer detergent. Find my recipe here. Make a unique label for it, and even include a bottle of distilled white vinegar relabeled with your personal logo.
- Sort of like homemade gifts, just not by you…I’ve really gotten into Etsy.com lately. It’s a site for people who make crafts and products by hand to sell them world wide. It’s quite amazing really, the things that people can do from home in their hobby shops. Hop on there and browse, I’m sure you’ll find something you like and someone to help support for their hard work!
Kitchen Supplies Stuff healthy peeps always need.
|Local Harvest’s Map of Farmers|
- A Local Harvest CSA Membership: Check out Local Harvest to find a farm that offers a Community Supported Agriculture program in your recipient’s neighborhood. Usually you can purchase membership by the month, season, or year. Your foodie friend will receive fresh, local produce (organic if you choose) and you will be supporting a local farmer.
- Give them a few months supply of coconut flour, almond flour, raw nuts, coconut oil, chia seeds, etc…something they will definitely use and enjoy while testing recipes in their kitchen. My favorite bulk sites to order quality food products from: NutsOnline.com and CLNF.org.
- L.O.V.E the natural lunch supplies offered by Nubius Organics. While they do offer plastic options, try to stick with the stainless steel, bamboo, and cloth as much as possible. Great for adults and kids!
- 98% dark chocolate bars SWEETENED WITH STEVIA!!!! Find them only on Amazon.com. You can only order them in bulk, so plan to give some as gifts and save some for yourself. I had the opportunity to try these bars, and they are very good. Advanced Plan approved guys!! :)
Body Care Organic. Natural. Health-inducing.
|Florere natural deodorant|
- Any of the products from SKIN Organic Body Care. My favorites are the Hand and Body Cream and the Naked Face Wash. I love everything Stephanie, the owner, makes! Your skin is guaranteed to respond well to it all as she uses whole food organic ingredients!
- Okay, not kidding here, this is THE BEST completely all-natural and organic deodorant we have used yet! And to boot, it’s a vegan product! It passed the “Dave test,” meaning he approves it with flying colors. He’s tossed out every past “natural” deodorant option we have tried except for MiEssence, but even with that brand he had to reapply at least twice daily. With Florere brand, he applies in the morning after showering and that’s it, he’s good for over 12 hours no odor. Two thumbs up for quality and performance, two thumbs up for being completely all natural and safe!
Kids and Baby Mixed bag of my favorites.
- For a crafty kid or teen, a Paper Flower Kit from PS. They offer many different flower options. I like this summer bouquet — brings the summer cheer indoors when it’s winter white outside for so many months!
|Lil’ Sprout Creations
- Snuggle Me Cushion for baby. An all-natural transportable infant sleeper. We have one and LOVE it! Truly a life saver! Austin loves his, and even hangs out in it with a smile while he’s awake. We also use it when co-sleeping, and when traveling for an easy napping place.
- Robeez or Bison Booties soft sole shoes for babies and toddlers. They stay on and keep feet warm while providing the best opportunity for the development of their tiny feet.
- Kiss Naturals Lip Balm Making Kit: all natural, eco friendly
- What Does It Mean to be Green book
- Recycled paper supplies from Julia on Etsy. I am in love with her notebooks that use recycled Dr. Seuss book covers!
- Classic all-natural wood toys from Verry Cherry Toys on Etsy
- One of the cute all natural mobiles from Lil’ Sprout Creations on Etsy
- Praise Baby Christian songs and videos for babies and young children
Stocking Stuffers All natural and healthy.
|Nellie’s PVC-free dryer balls|
- A new BPA-free reusable bottle from Lifefactory! You can order online or find at your local health food store. They come in different sizes and you’ll fall in love with the vibrant colors! These bottles are made of glass wrapped in silicon to prevent damage if dropped — and to provide a grip while using.
- Pack of Nellie’s all natural laundry detergent or dryer balls. The company uses completely natural ingredients, and the surfactants used in the detergent come from coconut! Awesome company, LOVE their dryer balls!
You can also visit TreeHugger for some other great eco-friendly gift giving guides. Do YOU have any other great gift suggestions?? Happy gifting! :)
Source URL: http://healingcuisinebyelise.com/2011/12/healing-cuisine-2011-holiday-gift-guide.html
Copyright ©2020 Healing Cuisine by Elise unless otherwise noted.