Broccoli Cheese Soup + 100 Percent Pure WINNERS!
by Elise Schwartz | July 31, 2012 1:00 PM
Thank you to everyone who entered and shared the giveaway this past week! I hope you all have enjoyed getting to know 100% Pure. Be sure to bookmark their website!
We have TWO lucky winners of the 100% Pure Black Tea fruit pigmented mascara. Congratulations to our winners: Kristen B and Natalie B!!! Please email me with your mailing address and your tube of Black Tea mascara will be on its way to you by tomorrow.
Now, I need to answer Cortney B.’s question:
“I am looking for ideas for broccoli cheese soup. I used to use Velveeta. Any suggestions on how I can alter it for either Core or Advanced Plan?” - Cortney B., Wyoming
I’ve been working on perfecting my broccoli cheese soup quite recently actually, just as Courtney wrote in. I like to add quinoa to mine, which will thicken the soup up quite a bit, but makes it hearty and filling. Adding the protein of quinoa also makes this soup a complete meal on its own! Alternatively, you can leave the quinoa out for a thinner soup. Replace with shredded chicken or white beans to make this a whole meal.
Broccoli Cheese Soup
A healthy twist on the classic. This is one of my favorite soups in the fall.
- 3 cups organic broccoli florets
- 1 Tbsp raw butter or coconut oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry organic quinoa, rinsed
- 4 cups sodium-free organic vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cups organic unsweetened almond milk
- Sea salt and fresh pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground thyme
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups raw cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1.) If you prefer, chop the broccoli into bite-sized pieces now and set aside. (I leave mine whole.) In a large saucepan over Medium heat, add the butter and onion and saute until soft, about 8-12 minutes. Add the vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- 2.) Rinse the quinoa until water runs clear, then add to boiling vegetable stock. Reduce heat to Medium-Low. Stir in broccoli, cover, and simmer for about 16-20 minutes, until quinoa is tender.
- 3.) Puree the cooked mixture with an immersion blender or carefully in a standing blender. (I don't puree mine, I like the quinoa and broccoli texture. However this soup is traditionally prepared smooth.) Return the soup to the saucepan and add the almond milk, garlic powder, ground thyme, Worcestershire sauce and nutmeg. Season with sea salt and pepper. Reheat the soup on Low heat, being careful not to boil it. When the soup is hot, stir in the cheese until just melted and serve immediately.
- You may use fresh or frozen broccoli.
Healing Cuisine by Elise http://healingcuisinebyelise.com/
- 100% Pure: http://www.100percentpure.com/?Click=44591
- email me: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- [Image]: http://healingcuisinebyelise.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/BroccoliQuinoaSoup1.jpg
- Save Recipe: http://yumprint.com/app/object/cFyZ
Source URL: http://healingcuisinebyelise.com/2012/07/100-pure-winners-broccoli-cheese-soup.html
Copyright ©2020 Healing Cuisine by Elise unless otherwise noted.