There are days where I need to eat something other than smoothies or eggs for breakfast. Protein bars really come in handy at these moments. My Loaded Chocolate Protein Bars are a go-to in our house already, so I wanted to make a different flavor than chocolate to have stocked up in the freezer. Nut Butter Fudge Protein Bars are just what I was hoping for! We make a double batch of both of these recipes every month and keep them pre-cut in the freezer so we can grab-n-go.
Enjoy these Nut Butter Protein Bars as your new breakfast or snack option!
- 1/2 cup organic raw almond butter
- 1 cup organic unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp pure liquid stevia
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 2/3 cup oat flour (grind rolled oats in spice mill)
- 4 scoops Vega ONE protein powder (or any other grass-based protein)
- 1.) Line an 8 inch square pan with two layers of parchment paper, crossing the layers both ways leaving paper hanging over the edges on both sides.
- 2.) In a stand mixer with beater attachment, add the almond butter, almond milk, stevia, and sea salt. Mix on low until just combined.
- 3.) With the mixer on Low, add in the oat flour and Vega ONE one spoonful at a time. Mix until fully incorporated.
- 3.) Spread the dough into the prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Slice and serve the next day! We layer the sliced bars in parchment paper and keep in the freezer for easy grab-n-go!
- Optional add-ins: 1 tsp cinnamon, handful of raisins, handful of raw nuts/seeds, handful of coconut flakes, handful of chocolate chips
- Optional substitution: You may sub almond flour for the oat flour, but the consistency of the bars will be a little more loose. In that case, add the almond milk a couple Tablespoons at a time until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Protein Powders: I use vanilla or original flavored Vega ONE. You can experiment making this with chocolate Vega ONE, too!