Here is a hummus recipe fitting for the season, with pumpkin, garlic, smokey cumin and paprika, and a dash of allspice to seal the deal!
If you’re like me, you’ve been enjoying pumpkin anything and everything since September 1st. This tasty pumpkin hummus brings out the savory side of pumpkin. Serve with sliced veggies for a simple fall snack, or use as a spread for lettuce or turkey wraps stuffed with spiralized veggies!
Looking for more Advance and Core Plan pumpkin recipes? Check out the pumpkin archives here.
- 1 can (15 ounces) organic chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (homemade preferred)
- 1 garlic clove (raw or roasted)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp raw tahini
- 5 Tbsp olive oil, plus 1-2 Tbsp for smoother consistency if desired
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Dash of allspice, to taste
- Dash of cayenne, to taste
- for spicy hummus: 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1.) Rinse the chickpeas thoroughly.
- 2.) Place all ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth. Add more olive oil (or water) as needed for desired consistency.
- 3.) Taste and add more sea salt, pepper, or cayenne as needed.
- 4.) Place in a serving bowl, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika. Serve with vegetable coins or sticks.
- Optional: You can use fresh lemon juice instead of lime if you wish.